Fashion, Foodie, Beauty Spoonie & everything in between
Baking!! Gluten Free Nutella Bread Twist
September 11, 2016
After watching this weeks Great British Bake Off I thought I'd give a bit of baking a whirl - I mean they just make it look SO easy?! Turns it it's really, REALLY not that easy.
5 hours later, after sticking myself to the dough and having to get my mum to peel it off me, I did end up with the above beautiful bread!!
Here are the ingredients, thank you to the freefromfairy.com for the recipe - I did slightly alter mine!
420g Doves Farm Gluten Free Bread Flour
1 tsp instant yeast
50g granulated sugar
Grind of salt
5 1/2 fl oz warm milk (really important it's warm!)
3 medium eggs
56g Oliver oil
Enough Nutella to serve
A few tbsp of rice flour for rolling out
Dash of vanilla extract
1. Combine the dry ingredients in a good processor.
2. Add the water slow, and 2 of the eggs to the mixture
3. If you have a dough attachment or setting - use that! I'm using my mums food processor which is older than me ( no lie it was a wedding present!!!! It's 30 odd years old!) , beware it WILL get sticky so be careful not to let it bundle up and destroy the processor!
4. Gently need with a lot of rice flour - it is super sticky so the more flour you use the better!!
5. Line a bowl with oil and place the dough inside, cover with cling film and leave until it has doubled in size - I used a warning draw and left it there for around 40 minutes.
6. Remove the dough and place in the fridge for 30 minutes
7. Line baking paper with rice flour, place the dough on the baker paper and roll it out until it is a 1/4 if a inch thick in a rectangular shape. Add more flour if it stars to stick!
8. Warm the chocolate, this way it's easier to spread over the rolled out dough.
9. Roll the dough up in the longest size so it turns into a sausage roll type thing! Slice it down the middle
10. Wrap it up into a plait style and fold down the ends
11. Whisk the final egg and use it as a glaze over the pastry
12. Leave to stand for 15-20 minutes
13. Pre heat the oven to 190 degrees
14. Place in the oven and leave for around 20 minutes or until golden brown!
15. Top with icing sugar
This is a bread, and not a pastry so does have a thicker consistently but is still super nice! Even nicer served warm and with vanilla ice cream !!